Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Shower Is MY Hour

[Hello friends ~ 
Sorry for my little hiatus.  My parents were in town visiting us for a little over a week and we have been quite busy!  They left this afternoon and I'm hoping to do better at keeping up the blog!]

As a new mom, I feel like I get very little "me" time.  I spend all day home with my baby while my hubby is at work, and I do get a little break then, but we still have bathtime, nursing, getting dinner for ourselves, etc.  Not much free time in other words.  I am on the late shift for showering at night, as the sound of the fan in the bathroom helps put baby to sleep.  We are moving to Ohio in a little over a month, and I've been trying to use up and go through assorted products that I've been holding on to, in hopes to not have to move extra stuff.  I get a lot of free samples from sample websites, and I usually stock up on new things and old favorites when Bath & Body Works is having a sale.  Despite my yearning desire to climb into bed at the end of the day, I have dubbed my shower time, my in-home spa time; hence The Shower Is My Hour.  Unless I hear the baby crying (in which case I will hurry out) I take my time and use my special bath and body products.  It is so luxurious to treat myself each night, evening if it's just for an hour or less.  I hope to be able to continue this routine for many years, but we'll see what happens.  ;)  

For all you new moms and moms-to-be.  It is REALLY important to make time for you, as to not lose your sense of self.  Even if you are a stay-at-home mom like myself, it's a rough, although rewarding 'job', and you deserve some "me time".  Whether it's shower/spa time, going for a run, updating a blog, or uploading photos, MAKE TIME FOR YOU!  :)

In one of my upcoming blogs, I plan to do some product reviews/favorite beauty products out of my stash that I've rediscovered.  See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment